Featured Pet: Dax
Dax is a very cool dude who wants to join a family of his own… Could it be with you? Wow, who wouldn’t want to share walks, fetch and playtime with this guy? Easy-going, knows several commands and is house trained… pretty good for an 8-10 month old fellow, right? And check out the wiry hairdo! Dax has also been neutered, microchipped and vaccinated. He is between 35-40 lbs, probably a border terrier mix who is good with people and loves to play with other dogs, so if you have one already, that would be great!
The adoption fee of $175 helps with medical expenses incurred by the Rescue.
If you want to meet him, please fill out an online application at helpadogsmile.org and we will contact you so that you can meet this handsome fellow.
Education: Why foster?
Many small Rescues (like Help a Dog Smile) do not have a facility and are constantly in need of foster homes.
Here are a few reasons to volunteer for a Rescue as a foster:
1. You will be saving a life
2. Help the Rescue learn as much about the dog as possible so they can place it in the best home
3. Give an injured dog a quiet and safe place to heal
4. Ease the transition into a forever home by boosting the dogs confidence
5. Let a mom and litter stay together until the litter is old enough to be adopted
6. All food and supplies are provided by the Rescue
If you are interested in becoming a foster for Help a Dog Smile, please send us a message using the Contact page on our website, http://www.helpadogsmile.org/contact/.